Summary of role
The role of Accounts Assistant is to assist with tasks associated with the AP & AR sub ledgers whilst also providing regular general support to the wider finance team.
1. Provide support with inputs to and the processing of Accounts Payable sub ledgers.
2. Assist with the processing of and Accounts Payable/Receivable Invoices/Credits for the various bespoke operational systems.
3. Assist with the preparation and execution of Energy Assets supplier payment runs.
4. Liaise with Accounts Payable & Account Receivable on any issues
5. Review all query emails in Accounts Mailbox
6. Provide support to the finance team with general and month end accounting duties such as:
- posting journals
- petty cash reconciliations
- raising manual invoices and credit notes
- setting up bank payments
7. Provide support and cover for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
8. Answer telephone and respond to email enquiries.
9. Assist with clearing query emails in Accounts Mailbox.
10. Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Experience of Sage 200 accounting system (preferable)
2. Competent Excel skills and knowledge
3. General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
4. Function as part of a team as well as work on own initiative
5. Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines
6. Quick and enthusiastic to learn new skills and systems
Apply for this position
All fields required