Summary of role
To work with internal & external business owners of systems to improve, adapt and implement efficient solutions for business requirements.
To analyse, design and map business requirements and solutions to system / technical requirements.
To produce technical specifications for system integration and development based on functional specifications and interactions with end users.
Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software abilities, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements are handled.
To assist the Business Change Manager in management of the change register, project management of change requests and ensuring change processes are followed throughout a changes lifecycle.
1. Consults with business owners and end-users to identify, define and document business system needs and objectives
2. Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and end users
3. Analyses the feasibility of, and develops business process requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing business systems
4. Ensures that system designs will fit the needs of the business and end-users
5. Identifies opportunities for improving business processes and assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems
6. Liaise with software development teams to provide costs and timescales for development to change originators
7. Effectively prioritise and manage existing development workloads and plan for upcoming development projects
8. Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
9. Provides training to end-users
10. Provides project management and ongoing updates to business owners
11. Assists with the Change Management process and project manages changes through their lifecycle.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Exceptional analysis, technical & problem solving skills
2. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with business process owners, IT staff and application end-users
3. Ability to maintain the highest quality of work at all times
4. Effective communication skills, written, oral and listening
5. Must have the ability to analyse complex data
6. Be self-motivated, proactive with the ability to shift priorities as projects and timelines demand
7. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
8. Able to adapt to constantly changing environment
9. Able to orchestrate large volumes of data while meeting critical deadlines
10. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives
11. Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines
Essential - Degree level qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in business analyst roles
- Significant business analysis experience gained in a team based, software product development environment
- Experienced with working in a team or large project environment
- Must be proficient in Business Process Modelling and MS Office
Apply for this position
All fields required