Summary of role
EAU are now recruiting a CAD Technician to join our operations team based in Alva, Scotland. The role will involve reviewing as-laid information submitted from operational teams, liaising with administration team, operatives, supervisors and managers to ensure weekly as-laid data is correctly updated and recorded onto existing CAD construction drawings and submit to relevant network owner timeously.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and an ability to create, read and modify technical drawings.
- IT skills and demonstrable experience using computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks
- The ability to transfer, display and manipulate data using Microsoft Office and other programmes.
- Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed as-laid dimensions and liaise with colleagues' to assist validation accuracy and quality.
- Communication skills and relationship building with colleagues and network owners to understand and interpret their designs and specific requirements
- Liaising with other staff to assist with collation of all as-laid data, test certification and submission of records for ongoing and completed projects.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines
- A flexible approach to decision making, to make changes to drawings at short notice
- Spatial skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D
- Problem solving, creativity and innovation in order to come up with solutions to as-laid problems
- BCS Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (ECDL CAD) Level 2
- BTEC Certificates and Diplomas in Engineering Levels 2 and 3
- BTEC National Certificates and Diplomas in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Civil Engineering Level 3
- City and Guilds Certificate in Computer Aided Design Parametric Modelling Levels 1 to 3
- City and Guilds Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (4353) Level 2, and Level 3, which allows you to specialise in 2D or 3D design
Apply for this position
All fields required