Summary of role
The purpose of the job is to ensure that the EA Utilities function operational activities are actively supported by proactively engaging with the key clients and service providers to manage expectations and ensure delivery is aligned.
Actively support the project management of asset installations and associated data and contract management, provide an efficient, cost effective and customer focused service by ensuring that successful, profitable engineering solutions comply with legislation and client specification. Maintain and develop excellent relationships with the customer.
You will also be required to ensure the effective coordination of the company’s operational works whilst ensuring the customer needs are fulfilled in accordance with our contractual obligations. You will support the Design Managers and will have key interactions with each function within Energy Assets to ensure delivery for our customers requirements and adherence to both internal and industry protocols. You must lead by example and be available to assist and develop the EA Utilities administrative team in the delivery of their daily activities.
1. Responsibility for the planning and delivery of EA Utilities projects in accordance with the EA Utilities planning processes.
2. Positive engagement with the client and supply chain to ensure realistic delivery dates are agreed.
3. Track projects to ensure that all aspects of the project are good to go prior to the agreed commencement date. This will include (but not limited to); gas supply contract, GT/1-2 documentation, material ordering, highways licenses (UIP), design approval etc.
4. Ensure value is realised across the supply chain from customer through to service provider.
5. Liaison with the gas supplier to ensure contract lock in.
6. Maintain accurate records of all interactions with supply chain, and the client, throughout the project lifecycle within the appropriate company systems.
7. Attendance at internal meetings (where required) and effectively contribute.
8. Ensure contact is maintained with the client and supply chain to ensure projects start and end on time.
9. First line query & complaint resolution and preparation of all information if escalation to design manager / EA Utilities manager is required.
10. Ensure that Orbit and the planning tracker are kept up to date at all times.
11. Ensure all health and safety documentation is completed and uploaded in the appropriate company system.
12. Training & development of new additions to the EA Utilities team providing necessary feedback to Design Manager to ensure satisfactory and ongoing review of new starter development.
13. Effective and timely management of on-site issues, with the customer kept informed at all times.
14. Process project variations with due consideration for implications to the following; design, commercial, client relationship, and supply chain.
15. Drive process and system improvements where possible to improve systemization of processes.
16. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
17. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s quality management system; including quality policies, main aspects, impacts and procedures.
18. Attend company training courses as required by the Company to ensure your level of competency is maintained.
19. You must have a robust knowledge of GT1, GT2 and other EA Utilities specific industry processes.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Possess excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
3. Possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
4. Able to manage your time effectively and have the ability to multi-task.
5. Able to receive direction and deliver against that direction.
6. A self motivator and able to identify stress points in process and propose subsequent and required change.
7. Have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and subordinates.
8. Experience in a customer service, service delivery environment relevant to the role.
9. Proven capability in project management.
Apply for this position
All fields required