Summary of role
They will be the lead person for Energy Assets Utilities compliance team for establishing and maintaining minimum electrical network operational and electrical installation standards; inclusive of ensuring all associated businesses processes and activities are compliant with statutory requirements, industry standards, company policy and procedures.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring there is continuous improvement in electrical network operational and installation minimum standards.
Maintain and develop the reporting systems to demonstrate compliance and ensure that integrated programs and processes directly supports the business deliver an efficient, cost effective and customer focused service.
The role will interface with the following stake holders: Energy Assets Assets Utilities operational teams
Energy Assets Utilities customers, suppliers and External bodies.
1. Lead the electrical operational competency process, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and group policies and procedures. To include construction, maintenance and production of MI to ensure visibility of data accuracy, manage effective audit process and ensure escalation of identified issues.
2. Construction and maintenance of the required electrical operational policies and procedures required to allow the business to operate.
3. Health and Safety responsibilities for on and off site activities with regard to the companies, staff, independent installers, client staff and the general public.
4. Development and production of management reports as required by the business.
5. Providing support for the company’s training and development plan including delivery of training courses and briefings.
6. Providing support for the company induction process including all operational operating systems.
7. Provide support and lead when required on incident investigations.
8. Production and maintenance of all policies and procedures relating to: Electrical Network Operations and installation standards and procedures.
9. Carry out operational audits and competency assessments to support retention of associated accreditations and establish agreed minimum standards of performance are maintained.
10. Report and investigate all accidents and incidents.
11. During the course of your work you are to protect:
- The public and their property
- The property belonging to Energy Assets Utilities and clients
1. A demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution and or transmission networks.
2. A demonstrable working knowledge of the Electrical Distribution Network Operators Distribution Safety rules.
3. A demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution network operational activities and trade skills.
4. A demonstrable working knowledge of Lloyds NERS accreditation scheme
5. A demonstrable working knowledge of electrical distribution installation standards up to and including 11kv.
6. A thorough knowledge of current policies, procedures and industry standards associated with the installation of electrical distribution network assets.
7. An ability to identify skill gaps and training needs to implement changes in procedure, new equipment etc.
8. Excellent written & oral communication, interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues.
9. Proactive communication skills at all levels.
10. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills with proactive approach to work.
11. Proven time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
12. Understanding of Energy Assets Utilities activities along with technical understanding.
13. You have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and colleagues.
14. IT application skills including; advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
1. Minimum of IOSH or recognised equivalent qualification in Health and Safety
2. Demonstrable working knowledge of CDM regulations
3. An ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
4 Have the relevant demonstrable knowledge to act as an assessing officer under the NERS accreditation scheme for LV operations and jointing and preferably 11KV.
5. Full UK Driving License
Apply for this position
All fields required