Summary of role
The purpose of this role is to undertake field based audits on DLO & Contractor engineers who carry out electricity meter installation works (single-phase, poly-phase and CT metering installations) in accordance with MOCOPA requirements on behalf of Energy Assets.
These duties will involve travelling to sites throughout the UK undertaking Site audits (Work In Progress (WIP) and Post Completion (PC)) on electricity meter installation and MEX activities.
The post-holder shall be expected to plan their own workload to minimize travel whilst completing a defined number of audits per month.
1. Organizing and planning site visits to undertake audits on electricity metering installations. This will involve agreeing with the engineer being audited the time and location of WIP or PC field audits.
2. Preparing WIP and PC field audit plans of DLO / Contractors for electricity metering works
3. Undertaking WIP and PC field audits to ensure accordance with the MOCoPA requirements
4. Preparing draft & final audit reports
5. Submitting WIP and PC field audit reports
6. Undertake incident investigations and prepare reports
7. Attend site meetings with Clients (Developers) and Contractors
8. Support metering operations in meter fit work as determined by operational requirements.
9. As required, to train EAL meter operatives as per the Code of Practice in all procedures and processes as stated in MOCOPA, Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Electricity at Work Regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed an appropriate Audit qualification (internal / external).
Knowledge of the engineering activity to be audited ideally an experienced meter operative, with experience of undertaking meter installations.
Understanding of audit requirements
1. Proactive communication skills at all levels.
2. Knowledge of meter installation techniques
3. Ability to proactive plan own workload
4. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills with proactive approach to work.
5. Proven time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
6. The ability of dealing with multiple tasks at the same time, and knowing how to prioritize them
7. Ability to work on own initiative and to demonstrate the necessary attention to detail and have a work ethos commensurate with that expected by EAL, with a zero tolerance attitude to poor workmanship and non adherence to safety protocols.
8. Ability to work alone for extended periods
9. You have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and colleagues.
10. You have the ability to deliver difficult information in the face of sustained resistance
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018
Apply for this position
All fields required