Summary of role
You will be responsible for IGT designs and approving gas designs to the relevant Energy Assets Pipelines and/or industry standards.
Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and company procedures.
Key responsibilities will include performance and development. Utilising resources to ensure Energy Assets Pipelines meet its safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Technical evaluation of proposed designs to ensure design meets Energy Assets Pipelines requirements and adheres to relevant network requirements, safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
You will be required to maintain and develop excellent relationships with customers, whilst ensuring the effective management and utilisation of resources is applied from within the division and in turn the provision of continuous quality of service.
Where required meet clients to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to.
Manage the design acceptance process ensuring new projects are logged and designs are approved on time, ensuring approvals are returned within SLA’s and issuing queries/rejections with in a timely manner.
Work with Energy Assets operations and legal team to ensure smooth adoptions of gas networks.
1. Performance and development of IGT Design department. Provide training and mentorship for the tendering/ design staff as required
2. Ensure all designs are fully compliant with the relevant codes of practice, industry and Energy Assets Pipelines standards.
3. Ensure compliance with legislation, industry standards and company policy and procedures.
4. Where required meet customers to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to.
5. Evaluation of new requests to ensure a fair distribution of work across the team. Ensure each designer is up to date with their work and next action dates input.
6. Ensure all documentation is completed and uploaded in the appropriate company system.
7. Training & development of new additions to the team providing necessary feedback
8. Drive process and system improvements where possible to improve systemization of processes.
9. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
10. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s quality management system; including quality policies, main aspects, impacts and procedures.
11. Attend company training courses as required by the Company to ensure your level of competency is maintained.
1. A demonstrable working knowledge of gas distribution network design and construction standards
2. Experience of working in a UIP or an IGT environment at a suitable level is preferable
3. A demonstrable working knowledge of pressure reduction and I&C meter installations
4. Capability to work with external engineering organisations and customers.
5. A demonstrable working knowledge of GDN policies and procedures
6. Possess excellent communication skills.
7. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
8. Possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
9. Able to manage your time effectively and have the ability to multi-task.
10. Able to receive direction and deliver against that direction.
11. A self-motivator and able to identify stress points in process and propose subsequent and required change.
12. Have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and subordinates.
13. Experience in a customer service, service delivery environment relevant to the role.
Apply for this position
All fields required