Summary of role
The H&S administrator will be a key role within the Compliance team to ensure the day to day tasks and activities generated across the Energy Assets Group (EAG) are maintained to the highest possible standard.
This will include active participation in the collation and recording of the information produced from within the group to ensure EAG are not only compliant with legal requirements but also strive to exceed minimum requirements.
The role will be to cover the collation of all monthly data from around the group and production of management information to demonstrate compliance in line with company policies. Therefore a focused attention to detail is required given the different types of information that will be received. Once monthly information is received the update and maintenance of the recording mechanisms will be required. Updating and administration of the EAG accreditation database will also be a part of the role to monitor expiries and ensure all material is available for any forthcoming audits.
1. Initial point of contact for any incoming H&S enquiries across the EAG group. Once triaged these enquiries could be dealt with where capable or escalated to the SHEQ team leader.
2. Collation of monthly reporting data covering all aspects of H&S activities across the EAG group.
3. Ensuring the accreditations database is up to date and all audits are planned for well in advance.
4. Eventually undertaking monthly inspections within Livingston office with assistance from Compliance team. This will replicate the same role being carried out at each fixed EAG location and liaising with the site contacts to ensure the same process was being fulfilled at every fixed EAG location.
5. Updating of the accident / incident database and engagement with the business to obtain further
information relating to the issue as/when required.
6. Maintain and update SHEQ notice boards within the office.
7. Assist with the maintenance of the H&S management system.
8. Assist with the maintenance of the H&S registers and documentation, First Aid, Fire, Wellbeing, DSE, Risk Assessments and Legal Register.
9. Assisting with annual audits.
10. Assisting with creating and reviewing of all H&S documentation.
1. Possess an entry level H&S qualification.
2. Knowledge of legislative requirements.
3. Proactive communication skills at all levels.
4. The ability to concentrate on specific tasks for extended periods.
5. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of the wider team.
6. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills with proactive approach to work.
7. Proven time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
8. The ability of dealing with multiple tasks at the same time, and knowing how to prioritize them.
9. Ability to work on own initiative and to demonstrate the necessary attention to detail and have a work ethos commensurate with that expected by EAL.
Apply for this position
All fields required