Summary of role
Working within the IT Team to carry out a number of daily tasks.
Primarily focusing on the Gas and Power AMR systems and data outputs.This includes system support, data validation, analysis and reporting. Looking at the output of analysis to determine actions and enhancements to existing systems and processes.
Provide support to the IT and Data Teams where required to assist in daily data delivery.
1. Carry out daily system tasks and data checks to ensure they’re operating as intended and data integrity is maintained.
2. Provide support for AMR system queries, data and incidents. Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve them for customers, both internal and external.
3. Accurate maintenance and updating of AMR systems and applications, this includes the maintenance of data logger specific applications.
4. Develop an understanding of Telecommunications and Mobile Networks. Utilising this knowledge to identify issues and trends with data performance.
5. Undertake meaningful analysis of data that will support stakeholders in making key operational and strategic business decisions.
6. Provide support, issue resolution and analysis of AMR data, logger performance and SIM card management.
7. Ability to achieve time bound targets as part of a team and as an individual.
8. Works closely and collaboratively with the other IT teams to support them where required.
9. Be aware of and comply with the company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
10. Be aware of and comply with the company’s quality management systems. Including quality policies, main aspects, impact and procedures.
11. Provide second line support on AMR Support service tickets.
12. You must obtain a sufficient knowledge of all logger and AMR systems to help manage the internal and external requirements appropriately.
13. Delevop a wide breadth of knowledge of our systems and the way they work. To gain an understanding of the implications made by certain aspects of a system not working.
14. Participate in providing out of hours support when required.
15. Ensure IT services are kept inline with Information Secutirty requirements.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Self-motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
3. Possess initiative and excellent problem soliving skills.
4. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to priotitise tasks and objectives.
5. Able to receive direction and deliver against it.
6. Exceptional analysis, technical & problem solving skills
7. You have the ability to relay technical issues to users without a technical background in a manner that they understand.
8. You have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and colleagues.
9. You have a proactive and inquisitive mind set.
10. An expert user of excel with experience of building and using own spreadsheets. Also a good working knowledge of all other Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
11. Basic knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with the desire to learn more and become more competent with it. This will include the use of SQLite databases.
12. Basic knowledge and understanding of Mobile Networks and how they operate.
Apply for this position
All fields required