Summary of Role
The purpose of the job is to undertake field based audits on UIP and GT Contractor field based engineers who carry out electricity and gas installation works on behalf of the EA group.
These duties will involve travelling to development sites and undertaking Site audits (Work In Progress (WIP) and Post Completion (PC) on electricity and gas infrastructure activities. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for undertaking pre-commissioning and post-installation audits on any apparatus either operated or to be adopted by EANL & EAPL.
The post-holder shall be expected to plan their own workload to minimize travel whilst completing a defined number of audits per month.
1. Organizing and planning site visits to undertake audits on electricity and gas infrastructure works including “pipes” and “wire” installations. This will involve agreeing with the engineer being audited the time and location of WIP or PC field audits.
2. Organizing and undertaking site visits to complete pre-installation and post-completion audits on EANL & EAPL apparatus including switchgear and pressure reduction installations and above round risers.
3. Preparing WIP and PC field audit plans of UIP / Contractors for utility infrastructure works
4. Undertaking WIP and PC field audits
5. Preparing draft & final audit reports
6. Submitting WIP and PC field audit reports
7. Undertake NERS/GIRS/WIRS/MURS office audits to confirm continued compliance
8. Undertake incident investigations and prepare reports
9. Attend site meetings with Clients (Developers) and UIP Contractors
Qualifications and Experience
1. Completed an appropriate Audit qualification (internal / external).
2. Knowledge of the engineering activity to be audited.
3. Proactive communication skills at all levels.
4. Knowledge of installation techniques for a range of infrastructure equipment
5. Ability to proactive plan own workload
6. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills with proactive approach to work.
7. Proven time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
8. The ability of dealing with multiple tasks at the same time, and knowing how to prioritize them
9. Understanding of audit requirements
10. Ability to work on own initiative
11. Ability to work alone for extended periods
12. You have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and colleagues.
13. You have the ability to deliver difficult information in the face of sustained resistance
Apply for this position
All fields required