Summary of role
- To assist in ensuring the integrity, completeness and accuracy of Transactional Siteworks Division financial reporting whilst supporting the predominantly Livingston based finance team;
- To provide support to key decision makers through providing complete, accurate and timely financial information in line with accounting policies and best practice;
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements of legal entities;
- To assist in ad hoc work and finance projects as required.
1. Ensure and assist with the provision of complete, accurate and timely financial reporting for the Transactional Siteworks Division. This will include but is not limited to management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
2. Work closely with various Operational/Commercial teams to ensure critical balance sheet items which feed into management reporting and forecasting (Deferred Income, Accruals, Work in Progress etc.) are reviewed, complete, accurate and understood along with any resultant opportunities or risks to allow any necessary mitigating actions to be taken by decision makers. Ensure these critical balance sheet items are accounted for in line with Group accounting policies.
3. Ensure the complete and accurate reporting of project profitability, challenging Commercial/Operational teams where necessary over variances to anticipated project profitability and assist in providing robust project profitability forecasts for budgeting and business planning processes.
4. Provide support to the finance team with general and month end accounting duties; posting of journals / creating, preparing, updating finance schedules, intercompany and assisting with month end accounts
5. Oversee and control any inter-group trading, ensuring;
- P&L and Balance Sheets are complete and accurate
- Revenue and profit are recognised in line with Group accounting policies across all entities
- Identify where inter-group trading requires to be included in consolidation adjustments and assist in preparing those adjustments
Identifying inter-group trading process weaknesses and implement the necessary improvements
6. Responsibility for multiple bank reconciliations across the group.
7. Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements of UK legal entities.
8. Assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to G/L accounting operations.
9. Assist the Finance Manager/ Financial Controller in various ad hoc projects or tasks as and when required for example
- External audit process
- Finance system improvements
1. Relevant sector experience would be beneficial, however sound accounting background covering all areas of reconciliations, legislation, audit and accounting standards along with attention to detail is essential. Accountancy qualification is preferred however part-qualified or qualified by experience candidates will be considered.
2. Strong excel skills, knowledge of Sage would be beneficial.
3. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
4. Strong need to be self-motivated but can equally function as part of a team both within finance and across the business.
5. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
6. General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
Apply for this position
All fields required