Summary of role
To provide administration support relating to streetwork permit applications to ensure licenses are in place to enable works in the public highways. Communicate with Local Authorities, Operational Project Managers and Operations Manager. Also the Planning team and Contract Administration Manager.
1. Answering the telephone, assisting the caller where necessary and transferring calls to the relevant department that you are unable to assist with.
2. Issuing notices to Assist in the scheduling and planning of gas, water & electric works for multi skilled engineers.
3. Assist in ensuring approvals are in place for works to be undertaken, Streetworks Notices and Safe Control of Operations.
4. Liaison with Local Authorities on streetwork issues
5. Build and maintain strong working relationships with other employees to ensure the effective scheduling and completion of works.
6. Ensure Notice’s/Permits are monitered to prevent works overrunning
7. Ability to read drawings to ensure works are notified to the correct location
8. Ensure that all issued documentation is returned for works completed. 9. Maintaining internal databases with up-to-date information.
10.General administration duties; filing, photocopying, scanning of documents, shredding and writing letters/email
11. Raising purchase orders for material requests from Reinstating teams
12. Customer liaison
13. Maintaining strong working relationships with other employee
Qualifications and Experience
1. You should have at least 5 GCSEs A* to C / 9 to 4, including Maths and English
2. Excellent organisation skills
3. Good understanding of Microsoft Packages, such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
4. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
5. Ability to work independently and part of a group
6. Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
7. Flexible attitude to work
8. Attention to detail
9. Keen to learn and develop
10. Proactive, hard Working & reliable
Apply for this position
All fields required