Summary of role
You will be responsible for the management of a team of construction staff/project managers. Required to deliver a portfolio of multi-utility projects pre-dominantly in the South of England but not exclusively.
Key responsibilities will include managing staff; performance and development. Utilising resources to ensure Energy Asset Utilities meets it’s safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Technical evaluation of designs to ensure compliance with industry standards, customers’ requirements, relevant network requirements, safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Provide management reports on key statistics, cost to complete, project plans, project risks etc.
You will be required to maintain and develop excellent relationships with customers, whilst ensuring the effective management and utilisation of resources is applied from within the division and in turn the provision of continuous quality of service.
Where required meet clients on site to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met.
Work with Energy Assets design team to ensure smooth handover of projects for construction
Liaise with Utility Infrastructure Providers and Network owners where required
Escalation point for delivery, commercial queries and customer complaints received across your teams portfolio of projects
Support our annual accreditation/evaluations from Lloyds.
1. Managing staff; performance and development. Provide training and mentorship for the team as required
2. Ensure all projects are fully compliant with the relevant codes of practice (NERS, GIRS, WIRS & NRSWA) industry and client specified standards.
3. Ensure compliance with legislation, industry standards and company policy and procedures.
4. Delivery of a portfolio of projects to agreed costs, quality and timescales.
5. Where required meet clients on site to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met.
6. Evaluation of new requests to ensure a fair distribution of work across the team. Ensure each project manager is up to date with their work and next action dates input.
7. Ensure all health and safety documentation is completed and uploaded in the appropriate company system.
8. Training & development of new additions to the team providing necessary feedback to the Framework Delivery Manager to ensure satisfactory and ongoing review of new starter development.
9. Drive process and system improvements where possible to improve systemization of processes.
10. Provide necessary cover for the Framework Delivery Manager in their absence.
11. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
12. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s quality management system; including quality policies, main aspects, impacts and procedures.
13. Attend company training courses as required by the Company to ensure your level of competency is maintained.
1. A demonstrable working knowledge of utility construction standards
2. Capability to work with external engineering organisations, customers, stakeholders & Utility Infrastructure Asset owners effectively
3. A demonstrable working knowledge of contestable and non-contestable works
4. A demonstrable working knowledge of the CDM regulations
5. Possess excellent communication skills.
6. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
7. Possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
8. Able to manage your time effectively and have the ability to multi-task.
9. Able to receive direction and deliver against that direction.
10. A self-motivator and able to identify stress points in process and propose subsequent and required change.
11. Have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and subordinates.
12. Experience in a customer service, service delivery environment relevant to the role.
13. Proven capability in project/programme management.
Apply for this position
All fields required