Summary of role
The purpose of the job is to manage an efficient, cost effective and customer focused service by ensuring that successful, engineering operations comply with legislation and client specification. Maintain and develop excellent relationships with the customer. Ensure the effective management and utilisation of resources is applied therefore providing continuous quality service.
You will be Operational support for projects across the country.
You will require to build relationships with the UIPS, Customers and Councils attending Site meetings as required.
Control of the operational activities to ensure delivery within EA Quality and Environmental guidelines.
1. Liase with EA Utilities planners and design manager to ensure target completion dates are inline with forecasts
2. Day to Day management of sub-contractors and/or direct labour
3. Audits on the UIPS (sub contractors) and direct laboour work
4. Performance manage to maximise output
5. Production of management reports as required by EA group.
6. Provide engineering solutions, technical support and advise to Customers, UIPS and all EA group employees, including assisting in resolving customer enquiries and complaints
7. Liaison with EA Technical Support Managers to ensure compliance with relevant specifications.
8. Effective cost control of field activities ensuring works are carried out to agreed specification and standard
9. First point of contact for on-site customer communications
10. Effective control of their related field support functions
11. Effective control of EAL activities with regard to the company’s MAMcop and GIRS responsibilities
12. DFAs for rotary build on sites.
13. Health and Safety responsibilities for site activities with regard to EA group companies, staff, installers, client staff and the general public.
14. Maintenance of engineering competence to undertake the role.
15. Taking ownership for planning the different elements of works across the larger and more complex sites, ensuring metering works planned around service works to limit abort charges including updating and assisting EA Utilities Planners
16. The timely completion and submission of all relevant company statutory returns, documents, etc.
17. During the course of your work you are to protect the Public and their property as well as the property belonging to Energy Assets Ltd and clients.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Management Skills
2. Performance Driver and Enabler
3. General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
4. Function as part of a team as well as work on own initiative
5. Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines
6. Quick and enthusiastic to learn new skills and systems