Summary of Role
You will be responsible for the management of a team of Tendering and Design Engineers and Administrative staff; producing quotes and electrical designs to the relevant IDNO, DNO and/or industry standards.
Key responsibilities will include managing staff; performance and development. Utilising resources to ensure Energy Assets meet its safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Technical evaluation of designers proposed quotations and/or designs to ensure design meets DNO/ IDNO and customers’ requirements and adheres to relevant network requirements, safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Provide management reports on key statistics including requests received, quotes issued, acceptances received and support delivery team to ensure completion value against targets can be met.
You will be required to maintain and develop excellent relationships with customers, whilst ensuring the effective management and utilisation of resources is applied from within the division and in turn the provision of continuous quality of service.
Where required meet clients on site to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met.
Manage Post Acceptance Design ensuring new projects are logged and designs are submitted to the network on time, approvals are returned within SLA’s and queries/rejections are dealt with in a timely manner.
Work with Energy Assets Project Managers and Operations to ensure smooth delivery of projects to completion
Liaise with Utility Infrastructure Providers and Network owners where required.
Escalation point for design and commercial queries and customer complaints received across design and delivery of projects.
Support our annual NERS accreditation evaluation from Lloyds.
1. Managing staff; performance and development. Provide training and mentorship for the tendering/ design staff as required
2. Ensure all quotations and designs meet the commercial targets set by the business and are fully compliant with the relevant codes of practice, industry and client specified standards.
3. Ensure compliance with legislation, industry standards and company policy and procedures.
4. Where required meet clients on site to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met.
5. Evaluation of new requests to ensure a fair distribution of work across the team. Ensure each designer is up to date with their work and next action dates input.
6. Ensure all health and safety documentation is completed and uploaded in the appropriate company system.
7. Training & development of new additions to the team providing necessary feedback to the Head of Electrical Design to ensure satisfactory and ongoing review of new starter development.
8. Drive process and system improvements where possible to improve systemization of processes.
9. Provide necessary cover for the Head of Electrical design in their absence.
10. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
11. Be aware of, and comply with, the Company’s quality management system; including quality policies, main aspects, impacts and procedures.
12. Attend company training courses as required by the Company to ensure your level of competency is maintained.
Qualifications and Experience
1. A demonstrable working knowledge of electrical distribution network design and construction standards
2. Experience of working in a DNO or an IDNO environment at a suitable level is preferable
3. A demonstrable working knowledge of power system protection and system analysis tools
4. Capability to work with external engineering organisations and customers/stakeholders, Distribution Network Operators and Independent Distribution Network Operators effectively
5. A demonstrable working knowledge of contestable and non-contestable works and the process to attain self-approval of designs with UK distribution asset owners.
6. A demonstrable working knowledge of the CDM regulations and the role of principal designer
7. Possess excellent communication skills.
8. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
9. Possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
10. Able to manage your time effectively and have the ability to multi-task.
11. Able to receive direction and deliver against that direction.
12. A self-motivator and able to identify stress points in process and propose subsequent and required change.
13. Have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and subordinates.
14. Experience in a customer service, service delivery environment relevant to the role.
15. Proven capability in project management.
Apply for this position
All fields required