Summary of role
The Site Supervisor / Project Manager is directly responsible for assisting in effective engagement, management and delivery of connections to developer led new housing build projects and subsequent gas/electric asset construction on and off site. While ensuring that all gas and electric networks are installed in a safe and professional manner, to industry standards, to our own internal high standard, and in line with Future Utility Solutions method statements.
- To be responsible for the duties & welfare of allocated Project Teams and any other site support staff
- Managing operational workforce to ensure efficient and effective use of time and resources
- Act as mentor to teams and trainees.
- Monitor performance of teams and set suitable challenges to maintain development.
- To monitor own competence to ensure required level is maintained
- To ensure that personnel under their control fully understand and adhere to their job requirements
- To work safely at all times and ensure safety of all those working around them
- To comply with the requirements of the FUS Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies
- To report, act upon and effectively escalate all incidents and near misses
- Carry out incident/damage investigation.
- To prepare/assist in the production of Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Delivery and management of projects ensuring work is completed to safety, engineering policies and procedures.
- Present and co-ordinate gas and electric schemes to various stakeholders.
- Challenge and review original schemes to ensure they are both efficient and realistic to ensure planned delivery.
- To ensure that all contract specific work is undertaken in line with contract operational procedures and method statements.
- To act as Competent Person and in accordance with SCO and FUS Routine Operations procedures.
- To plan future work with the Regional Planning Team and Operations Manager as appropriate
- To record accurately details of work undertaken
- Monitor, in co-ordination with Operations Manager to ensure works are cost effective and variations are highlighted.
- Manage project financials including P&L (monthly reviews).
- Plan schemes to ensure they minimise impact to local residents, traffic flow and local authorities while maintaining network integrity.
- Monitor and meet business targets and goals.
- Understand overall business objectives.
- To understand their role as a contractor to the Client
Qualifications and Training
• Registered with Energy and Utility Skills Register (EUSR).
• NRSWA Supervisor.
• Utility SHEA (Gas) Passport.
• NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
• National Water Hygiene Card.
• Utility SHEA (Power) Passport.
Skills and Knowledge
• Working knowledge of current HSE legislation.
• An excellent understanding of “site works” (new housing developments) and our asset construction role within the overall build plan.
• Able to train and coach Operations Teams.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of CDM regulations within Utilities.
• Knowledge of installation and commissioning procedures for equipment and infrastructure.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of asset adoption process for DNO’s, iDNO’s, Water Companies, GT and iGT’s.
• An understanding of contestable and non-contestable works.
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in the Gas/Electric Industry
• Understanding and previous experience of overseeing construction.
• An understanding of host utility requirements.
• Understanding of MAM’s, Shippers, GT’s & iGT’s
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
Apply for this position
All fields required