Energy Assets is one of Britain's leading and fastest growing Multi-Utility providers servicing delivery across gas, electricity and water for residential, commercial and infrastructure customers.
Summary of role
The Software Developer will be part of the development team working on a wide variety of projects, having responsibility for supporting and enhancing in-house and commercial software systems within the Group companies.
Utilising an agile Software Development Life Cycle, the Software Developer will work with the technical leads to design solutions to functional requirements and carry out software development of the highest standard to deliver the agreed solutions.
As part of the development team the Software Developer will take part in QA activities including code reviews and formal testing of solutions implemented by other members of the team.
1. Develop, and maintain system(s) through the software development process to agreed designs
2. Ensure software development process is carried out according to agreed processes and guidelines
3. Assist in assessing requirements and designing technical solutions
4. Apply software development coding standards, usability principals and other strategies as defined
5. Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing
6. Design testing procedures & document test results
7. Develop and execute unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality
8. Performing code reviews and QA on completed software development
9. Create and maintain release notes, deployment guides and other product documentation
10. Liaise with and assist the Support Team with system(s) deployment and identification of any potential defects
Qualifications and Experience
1. 2+ years of .NET development experience in a business environment with C#, ASP.net & MVC
2. Good working knowledge of SQL Server 2008+
3. Educated to degree level in computer science or related discipline
4. Working knowledge of the software development process and agile methods
5. Exceptional analysis, technical & problem solving skills
6. Works well in and enhances a team environment
7. Can manage their own time effectively and work to ensure agreed deadlines are met
8. Is self motivated to continuously learn and adapt their skills and knowledge
9. Able to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally and in writing
10. Capable of high attention to detail and accuracy in their work
The closing date for this role is Friday 25th January 2019
Apply for this position
All fields required