Summary of role
The Software Developer will be part of the development team working on a wide variety of projects, having responsibility for supporting and enhancing in-house and commercial software systems within the Group companies.
Utilising an agile Software Development Life Cycle, the Software Developer will work with the other software deveopers to design solutions to functional requirements and carry out software development of the highest standard to deliver the agreed solutions.
As part of the development team the Software Developer will take part in QA activities including code reviews and formal testing of solutions implemented by other members of the team.
1. Perform assigned software development tasks delivering changes of a high quality to the agreed designs
2. Ensure software development process is carried out according to agreed processes and guidelines
3. Apply software development coding standards, usability principals and other strategies as per the departments policies
4. Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing
5. Design testing scripts & document test results
6. Develop and execute unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality
7. Performing code reviews and QA on completed software development
8. Create and maintain release notes, deployment guides and other product documentation
9. Liaise with and assist the Support Team with system(s) deployment and identification of any potential defects
Qualifications and Experience
1. Experience of .NET development in a business environment with C#, ASP.net & MVC
2. Good working knowledge of MS SQL Server & IIS
4. Educated to degree level in computer science or related discipline
5. Working knowledge of the software development process and agile methods
6. Good analysis, technical & problem-solving skills
7. Works well in and enhances a team environment
8. Can manage their own time effectively and work to ensure agreed deadlines are met
9. Is self motivated to continuously learn and adapt their skills and knowledge
10. Able to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally and in writing
11. Capable of high attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Agile Development Processes
- Entity Framework
- JQuery / Bootstrap
- Mobile Application Development / Xamarin
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2018
Apply for this position
All fields required