Summary of role
To be a part of the Application Team within the IT team, who will be tasked with supporting and improving the business information systems, applications and reporting within the business. Ensure efficient, cost effective and customer focused client services.
This role will involve the day to day support and maintenance of information systems, applications, maintaining and delivery reporting, creation of ad hoc reports. In addition there will be delivery of specific projects relating to improving information systems and reporting.
- Responsible for providing business reporting for external and internal customers and generation of ad hoc reporting.
- Maintaining and improving information systems and ensuring availability and performance for end users.
- Undertaking project work to improve business reporting.
- Undertaking project work to improve and upgrade applications as required.
- Investigate and analyse data issues relating to logger and metering data.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd tier support to end users and IT team members.
- Documentation of existing and new processes and business systems.
- Investigate and implementation of information system bug fixes and work arounds.
- Support the business in delivering support for applications across all business functions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in SQL, SSRS and SSIS.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic/Studio.
- Excellent understand of SQL databases and the ability to interrogate and troubleshoot data issues, SQL T-SQL skills.
- Experience of developing and delivery business reporting using change control process.
- Ability to carry out troubleshooting, researching, and resolving of complex information system problems.
- Microsoft Office – including working knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of supporting business and information systems.
- Possess excellent and effective communications skills
- Ability to work as a member of team or individually on their own
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
35 paid days holiday inclusive of public and bank holidays.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 15th December 2017.
Apply for this position
All fields required