Summary of role
Working within the IT Team to carry out a number of daily tasks. This includes IT systems support, data validation, analysis and reporting. Looking at the output of analysis to determine actions and enhancements to existing systems and processes.
Provide application and information system support to users and the IT team.
1. Carry out daily system tasks and data checks to ensure they’re operating as intended and data integrity is maintained.
2. Provide support for application and information system queries and incidents. Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve them for customers.
3. Accurate maintenance and updating of both information systems and applications.
4. Undertake meaningful analysis of data that will support stakeholders in making key operational and strategic business decisions.
5. Provide support, issue resolution and analysis of AMR data, logger performance and SIM card management.
6. Ability to achieve time bound targets as part of a team and as an individual.
7. Works closely and collaboratively with the other IT teams to support them where required.
8. Be aware of and comply with the company’s environmental policies and work procedures.
9. Be aware of and comply with the company’s quality management systems. Including quality policies, main aspects, impact and procedures.
10. Provide first line support to the businesses application queries.
11. You must have sufficient knowledge of all IT systems to help manage the internal and external requirements appropriately.
12. Delevop a wide breadth of knowledge of our systems and the way they work. To gain an understanding of the implications made by certain aspects of a system not working.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Self-motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
3. Possess initiative and excellent problem soliving skills.
4. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to priotitise tasks and objectives.
5. Able to receive direction and deliver against it.
6. Exceptional analysis, technical & problem solving skills
7. You have personal integrity and are able to gain the trust of your peers and colleagues.
8. You have a proactive and inquisitive mind set.
9. An expert user of excel with experience of building and using own spreadsheets. Also a good working knowledge of all other Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
10. Basic knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with the desire to learn more and become more competent with it.
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
35 paid days holiday inclusive of public and bank holidays.
Apply for this position
All fields required