Summary of role
Energy Assets is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing independent metering business, helping Britain’s private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through groundbreaking technologies, real-time data and innovative customer-focused processes.
As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner with some of the country’s biggest brands and best-known public sector organisations. They look to us for advanced metering services, data supply and analytics and utility network services to help them optimise their gas, water and electricity consumption.
Energy Assets are now recruiting a CAD Technician to join our operations team based in Northampton. The role will involve reviewing as-laid information submitted from operational teams, liaising with administration team, operatives, supervisors and managers to ensure weekly as-laid data is correctly updated and recorded onto existing CAD construction drawings and submit to relevant network owner.
Main duties for this role are:
- Knowledge of engineering principles and an ability to create, read and modify technical drawings.
- IT skills and demonstrable experience using computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks
- The ability to transfer, display and manipulate data using Microsoft Office and other programmes.
- Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed as-laid dimensions and liaise with colleagues' to assist validation accuracy and quality.
- Communication skills and relationship building with colleagues and network owners to understand and interpret their designs and specific requirements
- Liaising with other staff to assist with collation of all as-laid data, test certification and submission of records for ongoing and completed projects.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 2 years previous experience based within a CAD or technical drawing based role, you will be qualified to the following levels or above, BCS Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (ECDL CAD) Level 2, BTEC Certificates and Diplomas in Engineering Levels 2 and 3. Candidates must be self motivated individuals who can operate as part of a team.
To apply please send an update cv to Energy Asserts recruitment team for further review.
Apply for this position
All fields required