Summary of role
The purpose of the job is to contribute to a cost effective and customer focused service by ensuring that the services supplied by the Company comply with client specification. This includes work that is of a non-routine nature across the area of our operations. You will be one of a team of Communications Engineers tasked with representing Energy Assets in a professional manner in every aspect of your daily duties. Your main role will be to visits sites to carry out remedial work on communication issues on both Gas and Electric AMR meters. You will be responsible for your personal stock management, timekeeping and the safety of yourself and others around you.
- In accordance with the industry code of practices to complete the installation and commissioning of data loggers across a range of gas and electricity metering equipment.
- To attend sites and carry out remedial work on communications issues for both Gas and Electric Meters.
- To report any unsafe situations found during the course of your duty.
- To manage stock levels on your vehicle to maximise productivity.
- To attend regular meetings and keep up to date with quality initiatives.
- Deliver excellent customer service to both internal & external clients.
- To carry out any reasonable task within your capabilities as instructed by your manager.
- To protect the public, their property and property belonging to Energy Assets and customers.
- The timely completion of all necessary documentation associated with the job function.
- Electrical or gas experience advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
- You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills, working to targets and deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
- General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines.
- A full clean current driving licence
Apply for this position
All fields required