Summary of role
Energy Assets is a leading independent metering services, asset management and utility network construction company. Energy Assets is one of Britain’s fastest growing independent I&C multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services, helping private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through ground-breaking technologies, data analytics and innovative customer-focused processes. As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner some of the biggest brands.
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to work out of our regional office based in Birstall.
Main duties for this role will be:
- Review customer requirements and provide a broad range of electricity design services on electrical connections to demand and generation developments based on the customer scope of works and the location of the site.
- Undertake the design and specification of electrical distribution networks and substations from LV to 33kV and associated equipment
- Work within a multi-disciplinary design team to develop multi-utility network interface solutions
- Produce NERS design specifications in line with company procedures and ensure the required level of information is available to the adopting network and service provider responsible for installation works
- Provide periodic project progression feedback to the Design Manager and update the appropriate systems accordingly.
- Process project variations with due consideration for implications to the following; design, commercial, client relationship, and supply chain.
Suitable candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working within an electrical design environment. Candidates must demonstrate a robust knowledge of ENA G81 and other specific industry standards and specifications. Be able to liaise with the DNOs/IDNOs regarding their requirements and specifications in order to obtain all relevant information required to undertake electrical network design activities. Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail are essential for this position.
If you feel you meet the essential criteria for the role then please don't hesitate to submit your cv to the Energy Asset recruitment team for further review, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this position
All fields required