Summary of role
Energy Assets is a leading independent metering services, asset management and utility network construction company. Energy Assets is one of Britain’s fastest growing independent I&C multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services, helping private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through ground-breaking technologies, data analytics and innovative customer-focused processes. As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner some of the biggest brands.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Treasury and Corporate finance on a permanent basis to work within our Group Finance department based within our Livingston office.
The Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive and effective treasury management framework by defining policies and standards in line with best international practices and aimed at ensuring effectiveness and risk control. He/she will ensure proper cash flow planning as well as effective cash flow management, including investment of excess of liquidity and investments in financial products, in accordance with Energy Asset Group Treasury policy.
Main duties for this role are:
- Plan, design and implement a comprehensive and effective Group treasury management framework by defining policies and standards in line with best international practices and aimed at ensuring effectiveness and risk control.
- Ensure proper cash flow planning with the aim of satisfying timely cash requirements of the Group and ensuring at all times optimal capital structuring. Perform proper monitoring of cash flow budget.
- Assume responsibility for Energy Asset Group’s balance sheet management by focusing on asset-liability management, liquidity management, counterparty management, interest rate and foreign exchange management.
- Ensure compliance with treasury requirements as defined by the relevant regulatory authorities (Government, Central bank, other authorities).
- Provide professional Treasury advice regarding key Commercial Decisions to Executive Management, as and when required. Also, ensure that professional Treasury standards are consistently applied, achieved and maintained within the Group.
- Assume responsibility for all corporate financing activities (corporate credit lines, equity bridge loans, acquisition financing, working capital facilities, corporate bond and other debt capital market issuances). Plan, structure an execute banking and/or debt capital market transactions with a consideration of minimizing cost of funds and of keeping financial risks under control.
- Conduct effective relationships with lending institutions, financial advisors and the wider financial community.
- Conduct effective analysis on current status and expected trends of relevant financial markets to support effective capital structuring decisions and active management of the debt and liquidity portfolio.
- Provide support to Business Development teams during pre-development or pre-acquisition phase (i.e. financial due diligence, business evaluation, competitive bidding) and during the post-merger integration phase (implementation of Group Treasury policies and standards).
To be considered for this position you will be a Qualified CA with at least 5-8 years post qualifying experience, 3-4 years of this experience will be served within a senior management role within audit, treasury or corporate finance within a big 4 firm. You will possess excellent communications skills as you will require to interact with senior stakeholders across the business as well as strong exposure to domestic and international banking institutions.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to the Energy Assets recruitment team for further review. Only suitable candidates will be contacted regarding the vacancy.
Apply for this position
All fields required