Summary of role
The Junior Infrastructure Support Engineer is responsible for helping to provide the day-to-day support of the IT Infrastructure within Energy Assets. This includes:
- Support and maintenance of servers, storage, workstations, laptops and related IT equipment.
- Support and configure software.
- Provide support to staff.
- Follow change management processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain the Local Area Network, (LAN), Wide Area Network, (WAN)
- The role requires the individual to demonstrate excellent communication skills and easily develop rapport with a wide range of people. This is a demanding environment with an emphasis on quality and a high focus on delivering excellent services.
1. Deliver operational IT support objectives by providing 1st and 2nd line support for the IT Infrastructure, to include; Servers, Storage, Desktop, Network and Phone technology
2. Deliver operational technical IT objectives by being actively involved in the implementation of new systems, encompassing Server, Desktop and Network and Phone technology. This includes the ability to learn new skills associated with new technology being implemented in the business.
3. Ensure technical documentation and procedural documentation are kept up to date
4. Assist other team members with technical support work as required
5. Resolve incidents and service requests that have been logged, achieving agreed service levels
6. Build, configure and deploy machines
7. Ensuring and maintaining IT and network security
Qualifications and Experience
1. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
2. Self-motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
3. You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
4. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
5. Function as part of a team as well as work on own initiative
6. Excellent technical skills and attention to detail
It is essential that you have experience/knowledge, and desirable to have qualifications in, the below:
- Microsoft technologies
- LAN and WAN Network technologies
Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications is Friday May 4th 2018
Apply for this position All fields required
Apply for this position
All fields required