Summary of role
Working as a field based engineer you will ensure the safe and efficient delivery of your day to day activities to ensure EAL meets both client, business and industry expectations. You will be one of a team of expert Metering Technicians tasked with representing Energy Assets Ltd in a professional manner in every aspect of your daily duties. Your main role will be to visit sites to exchange, install, remove, maintain and carry out any associated works on industrial and commercial gas meters. You will be responsible for your personal stock management, timekeeping and the safety of yourself and others around you.
1. In accordance with the industry code of practices, carry out the installation, removal and exchange of Industrial and Commercial gas metering systems
2. To conform at all times to industry standards and internal policies and procedures
3. Form part of the national emergency response team
4. Complete planned and reactive maintenance
5. Carry out site visits and surveys and feedback to stakeholders and customers
6. To protect the public, their property and property belonging to Energy Assets Ltd and customers.
7. The timely, accurate capture of data and completion of all necessary documentation associated with the work activity including risk assessments and method statements
Qualifications and Experience
- We would also accept CCN1 + CoDNCO1 as core gas safety certification
- Demonstrate a good understanding of H&SE and Quality Systems.
- 3 years’ experience in the Gas industry, preferably in the Industrial and Commercial metering sector with excellent understanding of downstream pipework and appliances.
- Full clean driving license
- Good Knowledge & use of Microsoft packages.
- CSCS Card
1. Relevant sector experience with a can do attitude
2. Attention to detail with particular focus on health and safety
3. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
4. Self-motivated but can equally function well as part of a team.
5. Can work on own initiative with excellent problem solving skills.
6. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
7. General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
8. Proactive approach to meeting time slots and if required re-arranging appointments at point of visit
Apply for this position
All fields required