Summary of role
The purpose of the job is to contribute to a cost effective and customer focused service by ensuring that the services supplied by the Company comply with client specification. This includes work that is of a non-routine nature across the area of our operations. You will be one of a team of Meering Technicians tasked with representing Energy Assets in a professional manner in every aspect of your daily duties. Your main role will be to visit sites to exchange, install and carry out associated works on Gas and/or Electric meters. You will be responsible for your personal stock management, timekeeping and the safety of yourself and others around you.
- In accordance with industry codes of practice, to carry out the installation and exchange of Non Domestic Electric and/or Gas Metering Systems of all sizes.
- To liaise with the Managers to complete survey work as required.
- To liaise with clients regarding survey work.
- To complete non-domestic surveys within the required timescales.
- To complete project work surveys as required by the client.
- To complete pre work surveys of planned work
- To protect the public, their property and property belonging to Energy Assets Ltd and customers.
- The timely completion of all necessary documentation associated with the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical based qualification City & Guilds/NVQ preferred
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years’ experience in all technical aspects of electrical metering including installing single/three phase whole current and preferably CT meters
- Previous MOCOPA certification preferred
- Minimum MET4 qualification
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in all technical aspects of gas metering including installing and exchanging meters
- Electrical or gas experience advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
- You possess initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills, working to targets and deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
- General IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines.
- A full clean current driving licence
Salary dependent upon qualifications, experience and location.
Apply for this position
All fields required