The Logistics Team plays a critical part in ensuring the effectiveness of our gas and power Engineers as well as the wider business. A vacancy has arisen for a Purchasing Manager to join our team.
In aiding the business to provide a high quality and efficient service to our customers, the Purchasing Manager’s primary responsibility will be to manage the procurement of all materials to meet operational requirements as well as cost improvement, management of overall ordering process and stock management.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the management of the purchasing team. Effective communication with colleagues and customers is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of the wider team.
This is an exciting role within a friendly and supportive fast paced environment.
Summary of role
To manage the procurement of all materials to meet the Business Operational requirements, including the responsibility for management of a Purchasing Team.
- Map and Simplify the Supply chain & Logistics including negotiating prices and Contracts
- Supplier Collaboration, Cost improvement, removing over specified cost
- Management of the overall ordering process, identification of all surplus EAL assets purchased for projects and not put to use
- Collate and issue reports to the Managers and Directors on stock such as Rotary, loggers, MP Modules.
- Ensure the clearance of invoices in a timely manner for all procured goods.
- Perform strategic activities across multiple categories of spend.
- Management of process for group sign off and implementation of new products in conjunction with the Engineering policy manager.
- Liaise with other divisions within the business to enforce strategic cost innovation projects
- Work with warehouse Manager and logistics team to set up stock management systems to manage the group’s assets both Electrical and Gas
1. Drive improvements and price benchmarking of consumables, tools etc
2. Supplier Collaboration
3. Supplier Auditing and Performance scorecards
4. Ensure stock is available in line with the planned workload
5. Processing of Supplier payments
7. Support Logistics activities across the group where needed
8. Development of staff and identification of training needs
1. Sound Commercial, Operational and Logistics knowledge
2. Should be a good communicator at all levels both orally and in written form
3. Self motivated but can equally function as part of a team.
4. You possess initiative and excellent Negotiation and Problem solving skills.
5. Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives.
6. Ability to meet and achieve tight internal and external deadlines.
7. CIPS qualified desirable
Salary dependant on experience.
The closing date for applications for this position is Wednesday 14th March 2018
Apply for this position
All fields required