Dragon Infrastructure Solutions, part of the Energy Assets Group, are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Northampton.
Summary of role
To manage all costs relating to multi utility projects from initial calculations to the final project costs. To maximise the profitability and cash flows of each project while maintaining a high level of quality.
Working within a small commercial team overseeing the financial of over 150 projects at any given time. A minimum of five years previous relevant industry experience in either a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor role is required. Responsible for controlling various commercial aspects of the contract in order to maximise profit and control costs. Experience of working on construction contracts is key to the role. Ideally, the Quantity Surveyor will have already had responsibility of running their own projects from inception to final account stage.
Support Project Managers to ensure there is effective financial management of multiple projects through regular and accurate forecasting and CVR reporting
• To support the Project Managers by providing commercial support to ensure accurate billing, cash flow and project profitability
• Assist Project Managers in managing contract claims and financial risks; managing customer disputes (financial and commercial aspects).
• To monitor and report on the productivity of constructions works
• Transfer of tendering documentation and original scope of works, into a budget document including bills of quantities
• Agreeing applications and final accounts
• Cost management and control
• Cost and value reconciliations
• Track cost and value to ensure profitability of projects, investigating and reporting any down turn in profits
• Responsible for monthly valuation of works completed in period
• To validate construction variations and manage these at the customer and contractor interface
• Provide regular and timely feedback to support the Tendering Department in the preparation of tender and contract documentation
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of five years’ experience in multi utility projects.
• Strong commercial awareness to an intermediate level
• Solid contract awareness
• Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions
• Ability to work as part of a team as well on own initiative
• Experience of developing CVRs
• Strong computer literacy to include Excel and SAGE construct JD for QS
• Good communication skills, verbal and written together with Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, accurate and with an eye for detail
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours per week with a 30-minute lunch break
HOLIDAY: 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Health Care Plan
Paid professional subscriptions relevant to the role
Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
Along with your CV, please send a covering letter explaining why you think this is the job for you and which qualities you have that will add value to Dragon IS.
Email applications to: FOH@dragonis.net
Closing Date: Friday 4th May 2018