Summary of role
Energy Assets is a leading independent metering services, asset management and utility network construction company. Energy Assets is one of Britain’s fastest growing independent I&C multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services, helping private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through ground-breaking technologies, data analytics and innovative customer-focused processes. As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner some of the biggest brands.
We are currently in the market looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to work within our regional office based in Birstall near Leeds.
The Quantity Surveyor will proactively support Operations and Finance Team on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of projects in order to control and maximise the company’s profitability, protect the company’s legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement EAU policies for risk management
- Submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
- Review and approve sub-contractor quotations and assist in the sub-contractor allocation process.
To be considered for this position you will have a minimum of 2 years Quantity Surveying experience, previous experience of working in Utility sector will be preferable and commercial experience advantageous. You will be able to demonstrate a wide range of general quantity surveying skills as well as the ability to adapt to work of a specialist nature within the team.
To apply for this position please send an updated cv to the Energy Assets recruitment team for further review. Only suitable applicants will be contact regarding the vacancy.
Apply for this position
All fields required