Summary of role
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to be based out of our Northampton or Sheffield office.
- You will be responsible for the management of a team of Tendering and Design Engineers and Administrative staff; producing quotes and electrical designs to the relevant IDNO, DNO and/or industry standards.
- Utilising resources to ensure Energy Assets meet its safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
Technical evaluation of designers proposed quotations and/or designs to ensure design meets DNO/ IDNO and customers’ requirements and adheres to relevant network requirements, safety, contractual, and legislative obligations.
- Provide management reports on key statistics including requests received, quotes issued, acceptances received and support delivery team to ensure completion value against targets can be met.
- You will be required to maintain and develop excellent relationships with customers, whilst ensuring the effective management and utilisation of resources is applied from within the division and in turn the provision of continuous quality of service.
- Meet clients on site to discuss requirements and agree how the works can be undertaken ensuring relevant policies are adhered to whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met.
- Ensure all quotations and designs meet the commercial targets set by the business and are fully compliant with the relevant codes of practice, industry and client specified standards
- Training & development of new additions to the team providing necessary feedback to the Head of Electrical Design to ensure satisfactory and ongoing review of new starter development.
- Comply with, the company’s H&S management systems; including the policy statement, organisation, arrangements and individual responsibilities
Suitable candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working within an electrical design environment. Candidates must demonstrable working knowledge of electrical distribution network design and construction standards, Suitable candidates should also have working knowledge of the CDM regulations and the role of principal designer as well as demonstrating excellent communication skills on a day to day basis.
Apply for this position
All fields required