Summary of role
The purpose of the job is to effectively manage resources within the stores facility and maintain it in a clean and safe manner. This includes receiving deliveries from suppliers and arranging deliveries to various locations as requested. Additionally managing the disposal of waste items in accordance with legislation and company policy will also be required. Undertaking deliveries to all field based operatives as required using a Company Vehicle provided is also a requirement. Undertaking visual examinations of various meters and installation kits, carrying out basic repairs to returned meters to allow them to be reused (this includes recording and communicating results of visual examinations), keeping of inventories and results from testing and effectively communicating these to the relevant business units are also requirements of this role.
- Management of the relevant stores locations, includes keeping inventories, material receipt and dispatch within required
- Maintaining a safe and tidy facility with all items situated within the correct locations as set out by the Technical Manager (Logistics)
- Arrange onward transportation of assets to manufacturers, field workforce, service providers, recyclers, etc, as appropriate.
- Should be computer literate to be able to maintain and update electronic Company Records.
- Should be able to undertake visual examination of meters and installation kit to determine condition, and identify optimum course of action for dealing with removed assets. then record and communicate results of visual examinations in the required format, sometimes carrying out basic mechanical works.
- Should be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the stores are enforced on all levels.
- Compares information on documentation to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; completes requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentations related to the delivery or shipment.
- Delivery of the relevant equipment and vehicle checks on behalf of the company and inline with operational procedures.
- To become an assistant on site as required to assist the metering technicians.
- To collect equipment from various sources to enable all technical planned works to proceed
- Should have 3 years stores and warehouse experience.
- Should be a good communicator both orally and in written form.
- Should be able to work unaided or as part of a team as required.
- May be on occasion required to work evenings or weekends as per company policies and procedures, so a degree of flexibility is required.
- Should be computer literate and well organised with a good attention to detail.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise objectives and have the ability to multitask.
- Be physically fit and of sound health for an active position with a clean and current full Driving Licence.
- Should have (or be willing) to gain the qualifications/ability to safely use and Maintain the fork lift truck and or other equipment within a reasonable time frame.
Closing date for this role is Monday 27th November 2017
Apply for this position
All fields required