Summary of role
Energy Assets is a leading independent metering services, asset management and utility network construction company. Energy Assets is one of Britain’s fastest growing independent I&C multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services, helping private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through ground-breaking technologies, data analytics and innovative customer-focused processes. As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner some of the biggest brands.
We are currently recruiting for a Tax Manager on a permanent basis to work within our Livingston office. The Tax Manager will be responsible for leading all tax activities of Energy Assets: tax compliance, tax planning, investment tax structuring of corporate transactions, tax risk management and tax reporting
Main duties for this role are:
- Develop and maintain effective Company tax strategy, including formulation of overall tax philosophy and approach to tax compliance, tax planning and tax risk management. Define strategic tax objectives, key tax related tasks and areas of focus.
- Ensure close compliance to tax law provisions relevant to all Energy Assets group business units and operating companies.
- Ensure effective tax planning and provide strategic tax analysis of significant anticipated deals, investment projects, business reorganizations and other material transactions.
- Provide regular monitoring of changes in tax legislation, position of the relevant tax authorities, court practice as well as industry specific regulations having impact on Energy Assets tax position, Coordinate effective political and industry tax lobbying.
- Develop and maintain proper tax risk management standards, policies and procedures with the purpose of tax risk minimization and in line with the overall Company’s risk appetite
- Manage and coordinates Energy Assets tax disputes, in cooperation with all the relevant Business Units of the company; coordinate the activity of external advisors on tax audit defense matters.
To be considered for this position you will be CTA Qualified with at least 5 years post qualifying experience, 2 -3 years of this experience will be served within a similar position of authority ideally at management level. You will have previous experience of working within a big 4 environment and possess excellent communications skills as you will require to interact with senior stakeholders across the business.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to the Energy Assets recruitment team for further review. Only suitable candidates will be contacted regarding the vacancy.
Apply for this position
All fields required