Apprenticeships are growing in popularity across all professional sectors and industries – and for good reason. They are great for career changes and for getting your foot in the door for career development in your chosen field and beyond.
To help meet the demand for high quality Apprenticeship programmes, the Energy Assets Learning and Development Department adapted its structure to create our Apprenticeship Programme and embraced the opportunity to take on Apprentices. We work with registered training providers to help tailor each Apprenticeship programme and offer all of our Apprentices a personalised and bespoke development programme.
Becoming an Energy Assets Apprentice has many benefits including:
- Earn while you learn - We reward our Apprentices with a solid pay and benefits package that far exceeds the norm.
- Receive recognised qualifications – We work closely with our chosen training providers to ensure that the qualifications available are recognised and renowned.
- Gain independence – Our Apprentices are encouraged to grow their confidence by working on individual projects where applicable, and taking ownership of their workloads.
- Receive personalised and ongoing support – We support our Apprentices with an unparalleled support network of knowledgeable and expert colleagues, line managers, mentors and our training partners, making sure you are never left feeling alone.
- Gain real work experience - As an Energy Assets Apprentice, you’ll be working on live projects in real time, giving you genuine work experience in a professional environment.
- Develop your existing skill and acquire new ones – You will be given the opportunity to flourish in your chosen field by utilising all the skills you will already possess, as well as be supported through learning and developing new ones.
- Excellent progression opportunities and improved employability – An Apprenticeship with Energy Assets will ensure that you have all the tools, skills and knowledge necessary to progress and develop within your field.
Our Apprentice Programme offers in-depth, experiences which will equip you with all of the necessary skills to make a positive and impactful contribution to both your professional career and the industry you are in. It will also help you to develop lifelong personal skills.
As an Energy Assets Apprentice, you can expect to experience real working conditions in a fast growing business at the heart of an industry that is constantly evolving. From your first day you will receive robust and comprehensive training to allow you to start working on real-life projects with responsibilities.
Our programme fits in with our commitment to be an employer of choice in the communities in which we are based. We also continue to attract applications from an equal number of young women and men from a diverse range of backgrounds, all of whom are eager to make their mark in our exciting company in what is a growth industry.
We’ve invited a few of our colleagues, including current and past Apprentices, to tell you a little bit more about Apprenticeships at Energy Assets.
“Thanks to my Energy Assets apprenticeship, I now have a career pathway open to me within the field of IT.” Sean Kane, IT Support Analyst, Livingston.
“…an infectious enthusiasm and willingness to learn has impressed everyone across the organisation, including those at senior management level.” Will Moir, Head of Learning and Development, Livingston.
“I’m grateful for my Apprenticeship early in my life. It opened doors to me that I never would have thought possible and has given me an illustrious and rewarding career” Jayson Whitaker, Managing Director of Energy Assets Networks, Pipelines and Fibre for the Energy Assets Group, Northampton.
“I was nervous that I may be seen as ‘just an apprentice’ but that couldn’t be further from the truth! I feel every bit as empowered as my co-workers to succeed in my career with Energy Assets Utilities and I highly recommend it as a great place to work.” Megan Walsh, Apprentice Streetworks Coordinator, Leeds.
Apprentices will help to innovate the industry from the inside and we want to empower anyone who has the drive to succeed to thrive not only within Energy Assets, but their own professional careers and the industry.