Energy Assets Group Ltd (EAG) and all subsidiary companies is fully committed to achieving the highest standards of occupational health, safety and welfare, this will be achieved through the implementation and continual improvement of our Occupational Health and Safety Management Information System, constructed to capture the requirements of both our clients and the company, and at the same time Successfully meeting the Health and Safety Management Standard BS OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001.
The OH&S policy and supporting management system has the approval and full commitment of the Board of Directors. It will be the responsibility of all employees to implement the policy under the guidance of the Head of Compliance, who will be responsible for co-ordinating implementation, reviewing, amending and developing the policy in line with legislative requirements and company strategy. Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To engage with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain work equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and control of substances.
- To provide adequate information, instruction and supervision for all persons under our control.
- To ensure all persons under our control are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To report all near miss occurrences and prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Specifically we will:
- Maintain an up to date register of applicable OH&S legislation.
- Ensure that appropriate risk assessments are carried out to identify hazards and determine the level of risk.
- Put in place safe systems of work and risk control measures to meet legal and organisational needs.
- Fulfil legal minimum standards by employing best practicable means.
- Meet and where feasible exceed the expectations of our clients and other stakeholders in relation to OH&S.
- Encourage the full participation of all employees in setting and meeting OH&S safety principles objectives and targets.
- Encourage employees to take ownership of OH&S in line with Energy Assets Core Values.
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties to aid the development of the OH&S Management System requirements and ensure continual improvement.
- Communicate the relevant parts of this Policy to all employees and others so they are aware of their obligations.
- Ensure that effective active and reactive monitoring and measurement of OH&S performance is achieved through audits and analysis of accident and near miss data to ensure that we continue to meet legal and organisational needs.
- Aim to eliminate hazards and reduce health and safety risks.
- Make this policy available on both internally on the EAG intranet and externally on the EAG Internet Home Page and additionally to any legitimate interested party who wishes to see it.