The Health and Wellbeing of the Energy Assets Group Ltd (EAG) workforce is our number one priority during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The works undertaken by EAG has a major role to play in assisting our economy recover from the impact of COVID-19. The UK Government is supportive of the Utility industry and associated construction activities continuing with normal activities but only where it is safe to do so.
EAG share the responsibility to ensure that all workplaces can operate safely and in accordance with Government advice. EAG will achieve this by going above and beyond the requirements contained within the Governments “Five Steps to Safer Working Together”:
- Undertaking a detailed and thorough COVID-19 risk assessment for each location and operational procedure.
- Working with all employees, subcontractors and suppliers to develop and share detailed safe working practices.
- Only undertaking operations we know can be carried out safely.
- Establishing safe access and egress to all workplaces.
- Installing signage and reminders within EAG fixed locations to remind all employees of the Government advice.
- Providing safe shared facilities without jeopardising personal safety.
- Ensuring measures are in place to enable anyone at work to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Taking action to implement controls to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Supplying soap and hot water at all fixed locations to aide hygiene practices, this will be supplemented by hand sanitiser being available.
- Ensuring all offices and stores undergo a thorough and regular cleaning regime.
- Ensuring that compliance with the Government separation rule is followed and managed accordingly.
- Where all other controls have been exhausted the use of PPE will be implemented.
- Support all employees to enable them to work from home where applicable.
- Providing continuous support to all EAG employees who are experiencing any stress or anxiety as a result of the Pandemic.
EAG are continually monitoring the advice from the UK Government and will update operational procedures as advice is changed or developed further. Any member of staff with any concerns should contact the EAG Compliance / HR teams immediately.
The Executive management team would like to thank you in advance for your patience and adherence to the enhanced controls required during the COVID-19 Pandemic.