PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
This web site located at www.energyassets.co.uk (this "Site") is provided by Energy Assets Group Limited ("EA"), conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth below (the "Terms and Conditions"). By browsing, accessing, linking, using and/or downloading information ("Access" or similar term) from this Site, you agree to accept and abide by these Terms and Conditions for each use and each visit of this Site. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not Access this Site.
EA provides this Site and all related URLs (the "Services") to you, subject to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are entered into between EA and you. If you are using the Services on behalf of another person, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms and Conditions on that person's behalf. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, these Terms and Conditions will govern your use of any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including the release of new products or services.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Permitted and Prohibited Uses
- Copyright and Trademarks
- Links and Third Party Websites
- Submission of Information
- Limit of Liability
- Choice of law
In addition to the terms defined throughout these Terms and Conditions, the terms "you", "your" and "yours" refers to the person accessing or using the Site. The terms "we", "us" and "our" refer to EA.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
EA reserves the right, at any time, to modify, add to, delete from, alter, or update these Terms and Conditions ("Changes"), and you agree to be bound by such Changes. Changes shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to posting on this Site or by electronic or conventional mail. You agree to regularly review the Terms and Conditions posted at this Site and to be aware of Changes. Your use of this Site following any Changes constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses
This Site is intended for the lawful use of members of the general public who are over the age of 16 years. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, EA grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view this Site and the information thereon, including without limitation, all text, design, graphics, drawings, photographs, video clips, music and sounds, and all trademarks (registered and unregistered), service marks and trade names used at this Site and the selection and arrangements thereof (collectively, the "Content"), solely for your own personal use, provided, however, that you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly:
- Sell, license, rent, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify or create derivative works from the Content in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, transmit or distribute or otherwise use the Content for any public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the Content on any other website or in any environment of networked computers;
- Transfer the Content to any other person without the prior written explicit consent of EA;
- Use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit or distribute on this Site any items, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, backdoor, shutdown mechanism or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs;
- Interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this Site or any Services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or associated or linked sites;
- Infringe on any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any person, or impersonate any person or entity;
- Disrupt or interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of this Site or associated or linked sites;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from this Site or the Content in whole or in part;
- Use or attempt to use another's account, password, service, system or other information without prior written authorization from EA, or create or use a false identity on this Site;
- Transmit on, to or from this Site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail;
- Upload to, distribute to, or otherwise disseminate through this Site any material or information of any kind that is threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, fraudulent, deceptive, abusive, or otherwise violates any law or infringes or violates any rights of any other person or entity, or contains a solicitation of funds, advertising, or a solicitation for goods or services; or
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to this Site or portions of this Site which are restricted from general access.
You also agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted in the course of your usage of this Site, and that you will comply with all laws that apply or may apply to your use of or activities on this Site or in respect of the Content.
Copyright and Trademarks
Unless otherwise noted, all Content is subject to intellectual property rights including copyrights and trademarks (registered and unregistered) held or licensed by EA. You may print or download one copy of the Content on this Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Any other reproduction or use without express prior written permission from EA, or EA's content providers as the case may be, is strictly prohibited. Except as expressly provided herein, no license to use or reproduce the Content is given to you and all intellectual property rights therein are expressly reserved. Systematic retrieval of data or other Content from this Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without express prior written permission from EA is prohibited.
Links and Third Party Websites
EA provides to you, on this Site, links to Third Party Websites operated by other entities. These Third Party Websites will typically be identifiable through a change to the URL in your Web browser, though the Site does occasionally contain content from Third Party Websites within the WEBSITE URL. You agree that this Site provides no dialogue box or other clear demarcation indicator when you leave this Site and enter a Third Party Website. Links to Third Party Websites does not constitute an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by EA of the Third Party Websites, the entities themselves or of any content, services or products available on or through such Third Party Websites. If you use these Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements. Links do not imply that EA or this Site is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any Third Party Website is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of EA. Third Party Websites may create other contractual obligations between you and the third party entity in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
This Site will from time to time contain materials, data or information provided, posted or offered by third parties, including but not limited to advertisements. You agree that EA shall not have any liability whatsoever to you for any such third party material, data or information.
Submission of Information
Although EA may provide certain security in an effort to protect the electronic transmission of certain information that you submit to EA through this Site, EA does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from this Site, including to or from any Third Party Websites linked to this Site. Submission of any financial (eg. credit card) or other information to this Site or to any Third Party Websites linked to this Site is entirely at your own risk and responsibility. Do not send any confidential or proprietary information to EA through this Site. Except for personal information about you, any information you do send to EA through this Site will be deemed NOT to be confidential ("Non-Confidential Information"). For any Non-Confidential Information you do send, you hereby grant to EA a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sublicense any and all material or information submitted by you to this Site and/or to incorporate it in other works regardless of form, medium or technology.
ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
NEITHER EA, THEIR AFFILIATES AND RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT:
- THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT;
- THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION;
- THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THOSE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limit of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL EA, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR YOUR ACCESSING OF THIS SITE OR UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR ANY OTHER NON-DIRECT DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED WHETHER OR NOT EA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THEIR COLLECTIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE-HUNDRED POUNDS STERLING (£100).
THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT AND SHALL SURVIVE A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR BREACHES OR THE FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF CONTRACT OR THE FAILURE OF AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EA'S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EA, and their respective directors, officers, partners, employees, representatives, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns, including all third parties mentioned at this Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of this Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with your use of the Services.
All matters relative to this Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the law Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.